If you’re reading this…
This means you are preparing yourself for your first time supplying!
Which is exactly what we are focusing on within this blog…
There are so many things you need to know and do before you start supplying- so stick with me and I’ll guide you :)
Things to BUY before your first days of supplying
- Hand Sanitizer
- Agenda/Planner (or download an app on your phone if that better suits)
- Stationary Items (pens, highlighters, pencils, etc.) **JUST IN CASE the teacher runs out**
- Advil (there will be some days where headaches happen)
- Comfy, yet professional shoes
- A whistle (to use on duty, during gym classes, etc.)
Things to PACK before your first day supplying
- Extra clothes (in case you are teaching art, or… just in case- you never know what can happen)
- Agenda/Planner (to keep yourself organized)
- Laptop & Charger (just in case there are no extra classroom chromebooks/tablets to do the attendance on)
- Indoor and Outdoor shoes (especially in the Winter time)
- Gym shoes (in case you are teaching Gym)
- Lunch and LOTS of snacks (sometimes you get busy and can’t sit to have a lunch break- so that’s where snacks come in handy!)
- Hand Sanitizer
Things to Remember
- Show up at least 20-30 minutes before school starts/your supply time starts. It looks good and gives you time to get adjusted and to be familiar with the lesson plans
- Your preps are your preps!!!! Sometimes you might be asked to cover a class during your prep, and that is ultimately your decision. I think it is fine to do sometimes, but remember that is YOUR TIME
- NEVER cover 2 duties in one day. Every teacher only has 1 duty to cover on certain days in the week
- You are just as important as any other teacher in the school!!!
- There will be good days and bad days, and in those bad teaching days- don’t let it ruin your whole day! It happens and every day is a NEW day!!!
- You have support and don’t be afraid to ask for it!! Situations happen and if you feel the need to call for support- do it. They are there to support you! That is their job!!
- Bring a walkie-talkie outside when on duty!!! Easiest way to contact the office if needed!
And… You’re SET!
Have any more questions? Feel free to contact me!